Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Joys of motherhood
So, this morning my husband was getting our daughter ready by giving her a bath. She has a boo boo on her arm that I put a bandaid on a couple of days ago. Anyway, daddy removed the bandage to give said bath. This led to much screaming and a full blown tantrum from our daughter. I came running from the other room to see what was the matter. She tells me through sobs that "daddy take off bdage". I told her it would all be ok. Skip ahead 5 minutes, she is still upset, even though I got her a "new" bandage for her boo boo, she will not let anyone dress her and forget about combing out her hair. Finally we tag team her and get her dressed, so that I can finish getting ready myself (we should have left the house 10 minutes ago). She comes in to watch me finish getting ready and proclaims "Ooh mommy pretty". I thought it was cute and said yes mommy pretty. Then she replies "I pretty too". I don't know how she can be such a terror one minute and such a sweet child the next. Ah the joys of motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It gets better each day.
"I don't know how she can be such a terror one minute and such a sweet child the next."
Hmm.. Do I recall hearing those words about 28 years ago?
The Dad
Post a Comment